Join now - be part of our community!

How to download new apps to Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

How to download new apps to Bravia

I have perchased a KDL-46W905A Bravia and can not find a way to download new apps.

Have serched on Google but only found a youtube from Sony about a Android market app to download apps with but i dont have the market app?

104 REPLIES 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alan.church unless you have an 2015 Amdroid based tv, then the answer is no.

Hummel09
Explorer

viaplay

Anonymous
Not applicable

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I have a 2015 Sony Android TV - KD55x8509c.

So far, I have tried sideloading :

MoviesHD - Works Perfectly

Showbox - Works perfectly if you have a wireless keyboard and mouse plugged into TV ( it loads fine without K&M, but you will not be able to select what you want to watch )

ITV Player ( STANDALONE APP WITHOUT YOUVIEW ) - Need K&M to select the initial confirm on entering postcode - not required once this step is performed.

Screen orientation is also sideways which is a pain to navigate, but once you choose what you want to watch, the programme is rendered full screen correctly.

VIKI - K&M required to navigate initail setup screens - orientation of app is sideways, but click on whatever you want to watch, then when movie starts playing, click the fullscreen icon and movie will play full screen fine on TV........Does have a tendency to crash though, be warned.

ALL4 - sideloaded app fine, but constant force closes, makes unusable.

Kodi with "genesis" etc repositories - works perfectly.

To sideload apps :

You need Android phone or tablet connected to same network as your Android TV.

Check if you have ESfile explorer installed on your TV, Install it if you don't have it, it's on play store on the TV.

Firstly, open ESFile explorer on your tv, then :

Android phone or tablet - Download and install esfile explorer too

Then :

We will use ITVplayer app as example :

On phone/tablet, go to :

http://www.uktvapps.com/download-itv-player-apk-android-app-outside-uk

Download ITVplayer

Open esfile explorer on your phone/tablet.

Goto "Downloads", Long press on ITV Player app, a tick box will appear, tick it.

go to top right of esfile explorer and press the 3 little dots.

A dropdown menu appears -

choose "Share"

Then choose "share by LAN"

A little search bar will pop up, after a few seconds you will see your tv listed.

Put a tick on  the name of your TV, then press the button on the furthest right "The one with the little sideways arrow".

A message will appear on your TV saying " Do you accept this file "

Say yes.  File will tranfer to TV.  Click "OPEN" on the File transfer message .

Install ITVPlayer.

ITV Player is now installed.

Download "HaLLauncher" from TV's own play store. Install It.

Open "HAlauncher" scroll down to "All APPS" find all apps you have sideloaded. Job Done !

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I have now found a way to get ALL sideloaded apps to run in Landscape mode Fullscreen correctly on my Android TV.

Tested with the new ITVHUB ( The app from the Play store, I don't use YOUVIEW as I only have a satellite dish and No terrestrial Aerial ), DRAMAFEVER, VIKI etc etc they all work fine now.

You will need to download a free app from the google play store on phone or tablet and sideload it to your TV.

The app is called "SET ORIENTATION" :

Set Orientation - Google Play

After you have sideloaded the app and installed it, open it and choose "Landscape".

That's it, all sideloaded apps like ITVHUB will be in the correct orientation for your TV. Simple!

miroslavm

HALauncher has a built in setting for changing the orientation to landscape so need to use one more :slight_smile:

Additionally, ES file explorer on phone has "Android TV" link (under Network tab) in the side menu and you can copy everything from/to/between the TV and your phone/tablet, including the apps you have installed on your phone :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Yofoshizzle

Is there any other means to get a file onto the tv without using an android phone or tablet? Could u down load to a USB  from a pc and use that?

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Use the opera browser on the TV to search the Google play store and Download them to the TV. 

profile.country.GB.title
Yofoshizzle

The problem I'm having is downloading a zip file to support a particular kodi add on.  When I click the link in opera to downloa opera closes.  I don't have an adroid phone or tablet I could use to send to the file manager app u recommended. Was wondering if I has any other suggestions 

Spoiler

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I installed the Genesis repository and installed it on my TV through kodi on the TV itself. 

If you know the url where the zip file is stored, you can do everything through Kodi itself. 

This guide may help :

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-gotv-for-xbmc/