Join now - be part of our community!

Ghosting

profile.country.GB.title
DC1956
Explorer

Ghosting

Help !!!

I have a Sony Bravia KD 65A1 / 55A1 

we used to listen to Radio 2 on the TV & one day noticed the logo of radio 2 still on screen in the background while watching normal tv. 

anyone know how to get this off the screen !!!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@DC1956 

What you have is the dreaded OLED screen burn-in, caused by frequently watching something with a stationary logo or logos.

There are things like this:-

https://www.asurion.com/connect/tech-tips/oled-burn-in-how-to-avoid-and-fix-tv-and-phone-screen-burn...

that claim to help, but one of their options, I note, is buy a new TV…. 😢

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @ DC1956,

Make sure your TV is up to date, it might sort this out. The latest version is available here.

I hope that works.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Piscie 

Sony have put a fix for OLED screen burn-in in the latest software release?

That would be really something….

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey royabrown2, there's no intended fix, however, updating the software is a 101 step to resolve any issues.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

And a Factory Reset is a 201 step; but neither is going to have any effect on a physically damaged screen.

Or do you think that perhaps the screen isn’t physically damaged?

Piscie
Community Team

@royabrown2 It depends on the image burn. If the factory reset doesn't help. I assume you should contact Sony reps to check if it can be covered under the warranty or not.

profile.country.GB.title
DC1956
Explorer

The image is of the BBC Radio2 logo. Sometimes not noticeable, but on some backgrounds it’s so clear. I’m trying to locate on here if it’s covered with my 5 year guarantee. 

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Did you try to reach Sony reps, they should know better as this is their product.