Join now - be part of our community!

Error on Bravia W8 - Too much memory required to display this page

SOLVED
pshayer

Error on Bravia W8 - Too much memory required to display this page

Hi, 

On my KDL-42W829 I get the following error when I try to play a video from browser.

"Too much memory required to display this page"

It does not happen immidiatly. If you play the video and keep watching for 10-15 minutes, all of sudden video will be stopped and you will get this page. 

Is it a known issue with Sony or just with my TV? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome. 

Remember the audio when connecting though vga>hdmi cables.  If you havnt purchased it already, you need to read carefully the description as many of them are HDMI > VGA (ie TV to PC and not PC to TV)

The reviews of this one seem pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-Converter-Supports-Computer-Lifetime/dp/B002C6NP5C/

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is normal. The web-browser is not a substitute to a computer.  Even though some videos may play (HTML5) the TV does not have the memory capacity - therefore you get this error.  It will be the same for graphic intensive web-pages too.

Unfortunately this cannot be fixed, due to the fact that you are trying to do something that the TV was not designed for.

Cheers

pshayer

Thanks for your reply, seems a reasonable answer. I was wondering how it is buffering Netflix and Youtube if it does not have enough memory to buffer through browser. 

But alternatively, I will connect TV with Laptop to play videos using browser. Hopefully it will connect successfully using VGA to HDMI convertor cable.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome. 

Remember the audio when connecting though vga>hdmi cables.  If you havnt purchased it already, you need to read carefully the description as many of them are HDMI > VGA (ie TV to PC and not PC to TV)

The reviews of this one seem pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-Converter-Supports-Computer-Lifetime/dp/B002C6NP5C/

Cheers

chery123
New

I am facing same issue while streaming a video on youtube. Can some one please help me with the solution.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi chery123, what model do you own? Does the issue happen on other apps as well?