Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV, BBC iPlayer and "Internet download failed..."

profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

Bravia TV, BBC iPlayer and "Internet download failed..."

I have read a previous thread regarding the issue of "Internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory limit".  It appears to remain unresolved, however.  It occurred first yesterday for me.  I had no previous experience of the problem.  I could not put a finger on it, either: first, a one-hour programme would not play, while a half-hour programme seemed OK.  I went to a one-hour programme from last Saturday that my wife had watched and that was OK.  Returning to it later, the message appeared.  I assume repeated playing, or attempts to play, do not accumulate to cause a memory problem.

I have a problem with my Sony DVD recorder, too, regarding "D---" that has occurred recently, too, about which I shall create another post.

My TV is Sony KDL-32W705BBU, purchased in 2014 and my DVD recorder is Sony RDR-HXD870, purchased in 2007. 

Tags (2)
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the BBC iPlayer, unfortunately this is still an issue.  My post HERE is still correct.

In regards to the RDR-HXD870 issue, see:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/rdrhxd870-quot-d-quot-code-problem/td...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

Quinnicus

I thank you for your reply and reference.

I understand this problem has affected some people for a while.  It leaves me bemused that all has been well for me until yesterday.  I am intrigued to know what caused the sudden change.

profile.country.GB.title
Charlesg
New

I am having an issue with BBC iPlayer - internet download failed............ 

What is the status of this issue?

Charles Graham

Denfood
New

I have had this problem for some weeks- sometimes with perserverence it will eventually load, but often will just shut down half way through.

profile.country.GB.title
POFFOP
Explorer

I have this issue too. In fact it is far worse as I can't get any iPlayer program to work. It used to just occasionally display this message, but other times not. In addition it keeps looking the BBC ID. My set is a KDL-32W705C bought in 2015 from John Lewis.

When I look on iplayer help at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/ this is the first problem displayed. The Update 4 September states they made changes on 1 September which they believe has improved the situation. But as stated it appears worse.

profile.country.GB.title
Adrian_here

We have a Sony Bravia KDL-42W706B, software version PKG3.004EUA, and have the download problem when using BBC iplayer. We have been using iplayer with no problem for years before this problem arose in recent months. I would say the problem seems to be getting worse.

It is nothing to do with not having an iplayer account because we have one of those and we are signed in in the TV.

Surely someone from Sony knows how to fix this fault and will be taking action, or are we all wasting our time and money on Sony TVs!

profile.country.GB.title
Adrian_here

Just found this on the BBC iplayer page:

Why am I getting the message 'Internet download failed ... exceeds system memory' on my Sony TV?

We're aware that some people are seeing the error message 'Internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory' on their Sony TVs.

*** Update Friday 13 October ***

Whilst performance has improved for some viewers recently, we’re aware that others are still encountering this error. We are continuing to work with Sony to resolve this issue and we'll update this FAQ when we have more information.

profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

This is exactly the point i have been making it is one bull***** excuse after another the actual problem is never address the bravia community is just getting the runaround. Here is an idea address the problem either via the software on the TV os the iPlayer, but this is the point actually do something

profile.country.GB.title
Charlesg
New

Could not agree more with my colleague peterg136.
Just get on with it and get the problem fixed and cut the bull.....

Charles 

[Edited by moderator to remove personal details]