Join now - be part of our community!

Winter 2021 cashback for a purchase in branch from JLP

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MySony_GW
Explorer

Winter 2021 cashback for a purchase in branch from JLP

I am struggling to get an application for a Sony RX100VII purchased from a John Lewis store (NOT online) accepted as I do not, and seem unable, to get a VAT invoice from JLP which has all the details for this purchase required by the Winter 2021 cashback offer. Let me point out that I have purchased other Sony items from JLP and been able to obtain a VAT invoice .. BUT, and this seems to be a very important 'BUT', these have been ONLINE and then collected or delivered - the VAT invoice has then been available from the online account.

This time, I decided to go through to an actual store/shop in order to look at the camera before purchasing it. I received the usual 'till receipt' from the purchase and although it has the price, VAT component and JLP VAT number, it does NOT have the product description, only the JLP internal product code. I have submitted a copy of this receipt with all the details, plus a photo of me holding the camera showing its serial number AND a screen capture of the JLP web page showing the camera details AND their product code, but, at this point in time, it has not been accepted. I have been in touch with JLP customer services both at their head office and store where wI purchased it, as well as the sales staff at the same store and been told that they are unable to issue a VAT invoice for this store purchase... I have informed Sony of this fact numerous times, but here I am, still having my application being rejected.

If anyone has a solution to this problem that has worked for them, please share .. I am very willing to listen..

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
MySony_GW
Explorer

Hi ... just in case you didn't get my original reply...

... it seemed a perfect answer.. however.. I did ask about this when I went back to CS at the store (and I have just contacted them and checked..) ... because I do not have a JLP card, they are unable to link the transaction back to the online account I have used for other purchases. I was asked if I had a JLP card at the time of the purchase.

As result of this issue, I will be getting a JLP card and have it handy for any future purchases!

Many thanks for the suggestion, it was certainly worth a try..

Update.. after a few more emails between myself and Sony support and a CS representative from the JLP branch contacting them too, I eventually received confirmation that they would honour the claim.. far too much pain ..process needs to be improved!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

If you ask John Lewis CS to link the purchase to your online account, you should be able to log into your account and view the purchase in your previous orders / purchases section.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MySony_GW, did you try the suggestion from MySony_GW? Could you update us what's been happening since you posted?

profile.country.GB.title
MySony_GW
Explorer

Hi ... just in case you didn't get my original reply...

... it seemed a perfect answer.. however.. I did ask about this when I went back to CS at the store (and I have just contacted them and checked..) ... because I do not have a JLP card, they are unable to link the transaction back to the online account I have used for other purchases. I was asked if I had a JLP card at the time of the purchase.

As result of this issue, I will be getting a JLP card and have it handy for any future purchases!

Many thanks for the suggestion, it was certainly worth a try..

Update.. after a few more emails between myself and Sony support and a CS representative from the JLP branch contacting them too, I eventually received confirmation that they would honour the claim.. far too much pain ..process needs to be improved!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ MySony_GW, happy for you! Please mark the thread as resolved.