Join now - be part of our community!

Really simple query about ICD-PX333D voice recorder

SOLVED
findlay
New

Really simple query about ICD-PX333D voice recorder

Hi. Apologies if I should posting this elsewhere but I can't find an obvious place quickly. I've just bought a Sony ICD-PX333D voice recorder. It's got rechargeable batteries. I haven't got a battery charger. I'm assuming I can recharge the voice recorder's batteries simply by hooking i tup to my laptop with the USB cable. Is that right? Or do I have to go and buy a battery charger? Many thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My understanding is that this recorder uses 2 x AAA batteries - of which rechargables are not normally supplied and are optional accessories (see HERE for details on whats supplied and whats optional)

If this is the case, you will need an external charger as well.  I cannot see anywhere in the documentation that you can recharge the batteries in the recorder itself.  In fact, in the specifications, it says USB Connection Charging : NO (See : HERE)

The USB cable supplied is to transfer recordings to a computer.  The optional USB AC adapter allows you to bypass the batteries altogether.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My understanding is that this recorder uses 2 x AAA batteries - of which rechargables are not normally supplied and are optional accessories (see HERE for details on whats supplied and whats optional)

If this is the case, you will need an external charger as well.  I cannot see anywhere in the documentation that you can recharge the batteries in the recorder itself.  In fact, in the specifications, it says USB Connection Charging : NO (See : HERE)

The USB cable supplied is to transfer recordings to a computer.  The optional USB AC adapter allows you to bypass the batteries altogether.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

findlay
New

That's very helpful. Thank you so much.