Join now - be part of our community!

Re-post: WG-C20 Wifi failure after update

poke612
New

Re-post: WG-C20 Wifi failure after update

Since I did not get any reply from my old post in other threads, I guess I may posted the post in a wrong place. 

I would like to try it here, hope someone would help me to resolve the problem. 

=================================

Yesterday I received a update of firmware of my WG-C20 which I brought from japan late month. (LINK: http://www.sony.jp/pwserver/update/)

I connect the WG C20 with my Nexus 7 (2012) and update my WG-C20. I am sure that my update is successful since I can connect the device (with my old setting) via wifi successfully after the update.

Later I used the Android app to do the factory reset, and tried to set up the wifi setting of the WG-c20.
After several restarting (since I would like to set up a guest SSID), the device now keep "booting the wifi" status, meaning, the wifi notification light keep blinking.

I found that after tried to set up a guest wifi network with the same password of the main one. the wifi did not work again after it restarted. 

The condition cannot be repair even I do a hard reset (Press and long hold the RESET buttom more than 10 seconds)

I believe there should be some problem with the firmware, since if I connect the device with a Windows PC (power off), the PC is able to recognize the device as a card reader, and the battery function of the device is still working.

I am looking for a way to wipe the whole WG-C20 with my PC and flash the firmware from my Windows (via USB). [I actually strongly suggested SONY to have a application run in Windows environment which can able to do a firmware update. Usually, a normal ROUTER like things have that!!! in case a wifi failure!)

Since I am not in Japan now and The local SONY store where I am now did not sell the product and they refused to offer any technical support for that. I email SONY JP asking their assistance, and they have not yet reply me. Hope the technican here could help me solve the problem.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there poke612,

If nobody seems to be able to assist you here in the Community, you can try contacting Sony Support and they will assist you further. You can either call 0844 8466 555 or fill out the Support Request form when you click on that link.

Hope this helps,

Pascale_F