Join now - be part of our community!

Ps5 console repair

profile.country.GB.title
Blade090975
Explorer

Ps5 console repair

I sent my 2 month old ps5 off to Sony for repair due to a faulty disc drive, was received by their screening centre on 8th Nov 2021, website states it can take up to 15 days to repair or replace. It’s now 9th January 2022 and still not had a repair or replacement. After many frustrating calls to PlayStation support they do not know what happened to the console after it was received at the screening centre. At the beginning of Dec a supervisor told me to call back by 14th Dec and if they still haven’t found it they will consider it lost in transit and replace it, I called back on that day and they refused to replace it saying they still haven’t heard back from the screening centre and I’m just to wait, so I called trading standards and they said Sony entered a verbal contract when they promised to replace it by 14th Dec. I still don’t have my console and feeling very stressed and desperate about this whole process, how can such a huge company treat me this way, I can’t call PlayStation support anymore as they said it’s been passed to a higher department to deal with, that was on 29th December, it’s now Jan 2022 and I’ve heard nothing, please please please can someone help me 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
gronkelfran
New

Wow! I have almost exactly the same experience. I shipped a defective PS5 to Sony on November 8th and they seem to have lost it. After a lot of time on the phone and in emails with them I still have no idea what is going on. The only thing Sony customer support will say is that they have "contacted the screening centre". Not sure this helps you much, but you are not alone. Sony need to take ownership and sort out the mess.

profile.country.GB.title
Blade090975
Explorer

You need to keep ringing them and get them to sort it, also contact trading standards 

profile.country.GB.title
gronkelfran
New

Did you get anywhere with your PS5 repair? I emailed and called Sony twice this week asking for an update. On the final phone call they refused to look into the matter, saying the screening centre needed at least another 2 weeks before they could reply. That would mean the repair on a brand new console is going to take over 3 months - although they then said they had no idea when it would be repaired.

Consumers Advice say it is clear that I bought a defective console, and Sony have had a reasonable time (over 2 months to fix it). Their advice was to pass this to my credit card company and ask for a full refund.