Join now - be part of our community!

AF9 message 'wifi not connected'

profile.country.GB.title
Margot122
Explorer

AF9 message 'wifi not connected'

New AF9 and the message 'wifi not connected' comes up frequently for a few seconds in the top right hand corner. 

Any cure or suggestions?

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.GB.title
Margot122
Explorer

Ridinghighuk - how interesting.  

That does point towards something amiss with the tv rather than the hub.  I have also contacted Sony tech support by email and await their response.  If they can come up with a fix I'll put that up.

profile.country.GB.title
aimslaine
New

I’m receiving this message too but only since I was directed to do an upgrade. Telephoned my Sony provider and the engineer said he’d experienced the same problem but cured it by continuinly holding down the on/off button, it worked for him, allegedly but not for me. Incidentally, I do have WiFi connection and the message every 30 seconds or so is driving me nuts!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Katie37
Explorer

BB3AF199-D267-4EBF-BA65-D88290B58607.jpeg

 is this the message? its doing my head in too, only had it last couple of days !

profile.country.GB.title
Folky123
Explorer

Hi,

yes this is it.

The most annoying thing ever when you’ve just brought a new tv you don’t expect this.

I updated my tv once I was told by sony they were updating it and found the problem had gone it’s not the Wifi company as they tried to say before . Have you updated you tv at all since having it?

Paul

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Katie37
Explorer

Yes iv had mine about 18 months iv updated only twice in that time and these notices started about a week after i last updated ??? But theres nothing wrong with wifi because ive got netflix and amazon and they are running odd i havent noticed them coming up while on them though only while im watching tv they come up ??? Is your model kd49xe8077 ?

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Folky123
Explorer

Mines a AF9 55inch oled. Had it when I first got in, messaged and called Sony and they said it was a known problem and could do nothing until they had researched. Then I got told that within 2weeks a new update was being rolled out about 6months ago now and It solved the problem I had auto updates on and waited. Very frustrating. For now the only thing you can do is turn your WiFi off on the tv while ur watching tv channels, that all I could do.

Sent from my iPhone

Has anyone worked out how to get rid of this?  My TV did an update yesterday and now I’ve got this message repeatedly popping up, but it is connected to the WiFi.  Bloody irritating.  Tried soft restart and it didn’t work.

trevorv1
New

I have a 65 af9 and a Plusnet router. Same problem, have rebooted tv no diff. Not happy expensive to just sit and look at spurious error messages...  come on Sony get your act together

profile.country.GB.title
Folky123
Explorer

I had this problem months ago but has sorted itself,I believe through the latest update. I also rang sony helpline before and they may be able to get the code of your tv an download for you. They kept blaming it on my WiFi which clearly wasn’t the issue as it’s now resolve. For now you can turn off your WiFi so it’s not so annoying but isn’t any help if you want the internet apps though it.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Turnbacktime
Explorer

Anyone know if there is any fix for this. Happens in my AF9 every couple of weeks. Sometimes reconnects and sometimes fails to. If you go to settings you see it report trying to connect, fail, try again etc. Normally it succeeds in the end but sometimes I end up having to rein out security code.

ISP is Sky but all WiFi is through a BT Whole Home WiFi. TV has line of site to the BT disc connected to the Sky router. WiFi signal isn’t about -50dbm with clear channels on both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

No other devices on network have the problem. Could it be a dual band issue?

TV is update on firmware and it has done this off and on since new just over 18 months ago.