Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty A6000

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mikes61
New

Warranty A6000

I purchased a A6000 in January 2020. In the last month or so I have been getting an error message "Camera Error. Turn off then on" when taking a photo after not having used the camera for a few hours. I can only get the camera working properly by removing and reinstalling the battery as switching the camera off and on doesn't do the trick. Not only is this inconvenient but it spoils the photo by overexposing by more than 5 stops. I contacted the service people (in Egypt) and was helped by a very polite and competent agent. He emailed me the repair instructions where I was surprised to read that warranty was for 1 year only! I know that EU law stipulates that all electronics goods sold in the EU are covered by a minimum of a 2-year warranty and since I purchased the camera before the UK left the EU I am entitled to repair under EU law. I called both the service and the main offices and got told that they don't honour a 2-year warranty. Am I alone in having this experience?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Mikes61, the Sony warranty is only one year, and since you mentioned the act of goods sales I would say try the retailer, Sony doesn't sell ever directly to the customers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

This issue usually occurs when the contacts on the body/lens are dirty.

Please use a cotton stick with a little isopropanol alcohol and clean the contacts carefully.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Mikes61
New

Hello Peter, this, unfortunately, hasn't worked 😟

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Mikes61, the Sony warranty is only one year, and since you mentioned the act of goods sales I would say try the retailer, Sony doesn't sell ever directly to the customers.