Join now - be part of our community!

Replacement LCD Screen - Sony Alpha a350

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mango-Biche
New

Replacement LCD Screen - Sony Alpha a350

Greetings from the balmy tropics.. I've asked Sony for a list of UK companies who stock parts for Sony Cameras, and I'm specifically looking for a replacement LCD screen for the Alpha a350. I was rather bemused when, instead of the information I requested, the support team 'invited' me to fill in an online booking form to send my camera in for repair! Thanks Sony, but that's emphatically NOT what I asked for! I'm perfect capable of changing the screen myself! The camera isn't under guarantee, unless Sony quietly upped the guarantee period to five years! While there is a 'recomended' supplier for Sony camera parts, the don't have the LCD screen, which let's face it is a 'consumable' if you take the camera outdoors; and worse still, they seem to be primarily stockists of Nikon parts! Now to the help! Can anybody on the forum connect me with a UK based company who does keep stock of Sony Alpha parts? I'd be greatly indebted as apart from the Far East suppliers on eBay who only stock the OEM parts from AUO, I've literally run out of alternatives! Cheers to all Mango Biche
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mango-Biche
New

By way of an update, I used the LCD screen from a non-working Alpha 200 to repair this camera. It worked out to be much cheaper than buying the replacement screen from a Sony spares provider! This is a shame, because we're all being pressured to be 'Greener' and to produce less waste. However, when we try to recycle products like cell phones or cameras, suppliers 'jack-up' the cost of these spares in an effort to convince users to purchase a new phone or camera, obliging us to send perfectly good products with minor defects to land-fill! This is, of course, totally unacceptable! It's about time that Governments legislated this area to ensure that manufacturers have a duty to provide spare parts at a maximum of 30% above cost and not at 150% above which seems to be where manufacturers pitch these components today! OK, end of rant! I've subsequently been able to repair the a200, so the hunt is on again for a spare LED screen!

BTW, thanks for the 'Kudos' which is I'm sure, totally undeserved! But, thanks anyway...

Tropical Farewell.

MB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mango-Biche
New

By way of an update, I used the LCD screen from a non-working Alpha 200 to repair this camera. It worked out to be much cheaper than buying the replacement screen from a Sony spares provider! This is a shame, because we're all being pressured to be 'Greener' and to produce less waste. However, when we try to recycle products like cell phones or cameras, suppliers 'jack-up' the cost of these spares in an effort to convince users to purchase a new phone or camera, obliging us to send perfectly good products with minor defects to land-fill! This is, of course, totally unacceptable! It's about time that Governments legislated this area to ensure that manufacturers have a duty to provide spare parts at a maximum of 30% above cost and not at 150% above which seems to be where manufacturers pitch these components today! OK, end of rant! I've subsequently been able to repair the a200, so the hunt is on again for a spare LED screen!

BTW, thanks for the 'Kudos' which is I'm sure, totally undeserved! But, thanks anyway...

Tropical Farewell.

MB

profile.country.GB.title
Natashaecharles
New

I need a Sony a350 lcd screen replacement part. I need the sony part not the AUO part that is widely available, but the Sony specific version. Where can I get this part? Anyone? 

profile.country.GB.title
Natashaecharles
New

I have the same problem. Where can I get this part without having to dismantle another camera preferably?