Join now - be part of our community!

Function Menu "Glitch" on A9ii?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Function Menu "Glitch" on A9ii?

I've just bought a Sony A9 Mark II and noticed a glitch, if I assign "Face/Eye Frame Display" to one of the slots on the Function Menu it shows as that in the menu, but when you're using the camera and go into the Function Menu the "Face/Eye Frame Display" is replaced with "Single Burst ~Self-Timer", and what's even more strange is I can't even find "Single Burst Self-Timer" as an option to set to the Function Menu.

Have I got a gremlin or have I stumble across a bug on the A9ii?

IMG_0493.JPGIMG_0494.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Many thanks for reporting this "gremlin". It's indeed a glitch, or better a leftover from another model.

It has been reported to the engineers and will be removed with an upcoming update.

Anyway, it doesn't affect the usage of the camera.

Have a nice day

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Many thanks for reporting this "gremlin". It's indeed a glitch, or better a leftover from another model.

It has been reported to the engineers and will be removed with an upcoming update.

Anyway, it doesn't affect the usage of the camera.

Have a nice day

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Many thanks for letting me know. 

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

@Peter_S. I’m just wondering, are you a part of Sony? The reason that I ask is that prior to posting on here I did contact Sony Support and they have got back to me saying that there is no reported fault with the A9-II so I’m now once again wondering if my camera has a fault?

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Yes, I'm part of Sony. I reported the issue to our engineers and they confirmed that it's a glitch in the software (leftover of a previous model).

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

OK, many thanks for confirming this. It’s obviously just not filtered down to the Sony support team yet then 👍

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

@Peter_S. Sorry, could I trouble you one last time but with something else please. I’m sure I watched a video the other day where you could change the colour of the wide frame box that flashes to show that you’re taking a shot whilst in silent mode. Not the AF box which you can choose between white and red, but the large box that’s almost at the edge of the frame. I’m pretty sure the guy in the video said it changed to “teal” and it made it more visible to see that you’re actually taking shots, however I can’t find the video again so am now questioning myself.

Is this possible, or have I just dreamt it?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Snerkler, there's no reference in the user manual.. So I would definitely say that is not possible.

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Thanks, I found out that it's actually a feature on the new A1 not the A9ii.