Join now - be part of our community!

DPF-D70 - Display screen failing

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bigjohnd
Visitor

DPF-D70 - Display screen failing

I have a 3 year old DPF-D70 Photo Frame.  It's very good, but recently the screen now goes blank after 10 minutes or so.  (There's no energy saving settings on this model, so that's not the reason.)

Re-starting the Photo Frame bring the screen back to life, but the display is decidedly red. After several seconds, the colour is corrected back to normal, but after 10 minutes, it goes blank.  This cycle can be repeated, but there is no improvement.

I have registered the D70 for a repair with Sony in Pencoed, but I'm reluctant to send it off and it's unclear what the next stage is.  Will they give me a quote for a repair or just proceed to repair it?

My concern is that the cost of the repair will be more than the cost of a new replacement - a new one can be found for under £50.

Does anyone have a phone number for Sony Central Service, Pencoed, CF35 5HZ. Wales?
Is it 0165 686 7020 ?

Many thanks, John.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello bigjohnd :slight_smile:

All of the contact details for that particular service centre are available on there website which is:

http://www.sonypencoed.co.uk/contact-us/

They may be able to provide you with a rough estimate but at the same time I would assume that a more thorough inspection would be required to get an accurate quote.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello bigjohnd :slight_smile:

All of the contact details for that particular service centre are available on there website which is:

http://www.sonypencoed.co.uk/contact-us/

They may be able to provide you with a rough estimate but at the same time I would assume that a more thorough inspection would be required to get an accurate quote.

Thanks,

Simon

mbellenb
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem with a DPF-D80 model. Does anybody know the root cause and how to fix it?

Hi, did you resolve your issue?