profile.country.GB.title
abubbler
New

a5100. Smart Remote Control. Unable to update as server is constantly down

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.DE.title
AlexandruStefan
Explorer

Hi Hannah, i have tried downloading the app but it doesnt work from a computer either, when trying to log in. 

Any other ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, do you have Playmemories home installed on your phone? I believe the servers are maintained by SEN who are also maintaining the PlayStation Network, maybe give them a ring: 0203 538 2665.

Best regards,

Hannah

profile.country.DE.title
AlexandruStefan
Explorer

Hi Hannah. Is there any possibility for you to check my account to see if everything is in working order? It works just fine on my friend's camera who has an A7 he can login and install/Update aps without problems.

Best regards,

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Alex, I'm afraid I can't check your account from my end, the safest way to do so is to contact S

profile.country.DE.title
AlexandruStefan
Explorer

SOLVED: 

so after trying all the information that Hannah provided, nothing worked. The support number seems to not exist or i cannot call it, redirecting me to the playstation network for some reason, and the link provided also did not work.

by a matter of chance and fate, i have made an account here at this link https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ where i pretty much just linked my sony account with. 

Make sure that two factor authentication is disabled from settings-security.

i waited around 5 minutes, then i went back to my camera, opened the application list, connected to my home wifi, logged in on "my sony" and i could log in! then i went in the application list again and selected smart remote control update, to which it automatically updated and it worked flawlessly afterwards.

it is an understatement saying how much im glad that i can control my app using my smartphone, as it is a super practical thing to have handy.

it seems that there is some kind of bug in sony's network that doesnt allow you to login on your camera unless you are logged in and registered on https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ 

sickvnt
New

Thanks king, i had the same exact problem on a6000 and your solution worked for me perfectly. You re the real one. Fvck sony's developers.