Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
abubbler
New

Thank you for the reply.

I have done a factory reset, but when trying to update the Smart Remote Control, I get exactly the same message as before. I log in and the message comes up on the screen saying:

"The server is currently down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. (500)"

It has been showing the same message every time I have tried over the past two weeks. 

profile.country.GB.title
abubbler
New

Thank you for your reply. I have reset the camera twice now. However on both occasions, when I try to update, I still get the same message. “The server is currently down for maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please try again later.”

Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

profile.country.DE.title
AlexandruStefan
Explorer

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same Problem on a7ii

profile.country.GB.title
abubbler
New

I never did manage to get it to update. However I downloaded the successor app “Imaging Edge” and as I remember it worked after a fashion. Sorry I’m not very clear but I stopped using Imaging Edge shortly afterwards as I found I didn't need it!

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.DE.title
AlexandruStefan
Explorer

Thank you for the quick answer! Unfortunately googling the issue doesnt give many results so i think ill just have to live with it 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, I'm sorry guys but could you explain more? Are you trying to update the cameras? Or to download Imaging edge?

profile.country.DE.title
AlexandruStefan
Explorer

979D5D5D-90DA-494F-B41A-8C2BB70A0319.jpeg

2667FBCB-F62A-4C68-9C96-7BE43DAE9046.jpeg

EFE88488-A52E-41B6-B43A-EA7699A075B7.jpeg

2D5900B1-1B73-48FA-B6E9-01ED93CB7913.jpeg

D2CA60D5-4600-483D-9F9A-1D6B7B74B66C.jpeg

 hi Hannah, thank you for your help. I have uploaded the images describing the problem. Unlike the original poster, i have a brand new A7II bought a month ago. Im trying to update the already existing smart control app from the camera but when trying to log in on the sony server i get the "internal error (500)" error. I tried at least 50 times from different countries and at different times since i bought the camera.

Can you help in any way?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi @AlexandruStefan, I'm sorry couldn't take a good look on the pics as they're all need to be rotated. Have you tried removing the app and download it again? it's for free: https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/usbdetail.php?eid=IS9104-NPIA09014_00-F00002