Join now - be part of our community!

When will sony tablet S get Ice Cream Sandwich

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
podler99
Visitor

When will sony tablet S get Ice Cream Sandwich

Is the sony tablet S going to get updated to Andoird 4 Ice Cream Sandwich? If so when?

Ice cream sandwich looks awesome and I'd love to see this on my tablet S

16 REPLIES 16
befleat
Visitor

Are we seriously still waiting for ICS??

This is a joke.  The sony UI is so light I can't see it would take long to port from 3.2.2.2.2.2.2.2 or whatever we're on at the moment!

zabius
Visitor

This is becoming a joke now.. I was going to upgrade my mobile phone to the Xperia but seeing as that phone has an 'Ice Cream' promise too I won't be taking another risk.

Come on guys.... everyone else has Ice Cream now... and you wonder why Samsung & HTC are over-taking you in these markets... it isn't rocket science.

P.S Could someone from Sony directly respond to us.

malloyd97
New

Sony has it’s Tablet P and Tablet S are scheduled to get the Android 4.0 (Ice Crem Sandwich) update at the end of April, just like a host of other tablets. They have also announced that they will be adding certain photo functionalities like the ability to activate the tablets’ cameras directly from their lock screens, edit photos in the gallery application, and take panoramic photos. These camera features were previously found on Sony’s NEX and Alpha series digital cameras. The update also allows Sony Tablet users to watch programs they’ve recorded on their compatible Sony Blu-Ray recorders with a downloadable app. Some of the features are for Japan only right now. well i am hope i am right about this!

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

contacted sony services support to fix my lost internet favourites issues (which was fixed over the phone with them) i asked about ICS and he advised that they have not been sent any information about the change!! not even a positive vibe!

MoFoHo
Visitor

Hi Godzilla. May I ask you a question? How did you get your internet favourites fixed? My Chrome favourites haven't been syncing for well over a month now, is this the problem you were having?

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

hi, very sorry MoFoHo but i cannot remember exactly what sony support asked me to do now!. we went into the settings and they asked me to do something that did take long. but worked straight away it changed my homepage back to the sony homepage, i typed in the bbc and saved it to favourites and it worked then changed my homepage and everything has saved since. but after you go into settings i cannot remember where we went. but sony sorted it in one call. cheers.

MoFoHo
Visitor

No worries mate. Just checked, and FINALLY , all my Chrome bookmarks seem to have returned. 😉