Join now - be part of our community!

Release dates, prices, full spec?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
seboyad

Release dates, prices, full spec?

Hi, I'm in the market for a tablet and the S1 is on the shortlist, but short of very nice viral videos there is very little firm information for me to base my decision to wait or go for an alternative.  Much as I want to give the S1 a chance, the lack of info at what is surely close to launch time makes the Galaxy Tab more and more tempting.

Come on guys, spill the beans, the spec at least must be fixed at this late stage.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Seboyad,

Nice try but Sony will NOT release anything official on the S1 tablet specifications, other than the teasers, prior go the official launch..

However I don't think you will have much longer to wait..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Seboyad,

Nice try but Sony will NOT release anything official on the S1 tablet specifications, other than the teasers, prior go the official launch..

However I don't think you will have much longer to wait..:smileywink:

seboyad

John Lewis have four placeholders on their stock list now (no descriptions)  😉

All priced at £899, so I'm guessing/hoping it's a nominal figure just for the listing.

Getting close now!

Edit:

Well the net is now awash with reports of the 3 and 5 Mpixel cameras and the rumoured $599 (£499 ?) price.  If that's the price for the base 16Gb WiFi spec, then it's going to be a hard slog shifting volume numbers.

Message was edited by: seboyad

Message was edited by: seboyad

ctetuk3000
Visitor

Hi I pre-ordered the wifi+3G tablet last night and my money has been taken but i cant seem to see a expected delievery day anywhere or a release date to judge when it will come. can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

No ETA or release dates yet. Most stores even on pre-order take payment which is one of the downsides of that system.

That being said, I will check to see if there is any additional info. You should get more information closer to the time but you should not have to wait much longer.

As for pricing near the £899, bit steep. Looking at my local Sony Centre via Sony.co.uk, the prices range from £399 to £499 depending on the S model chosen.

It is a new product and a lot of people jumping in for a pre-order so either way, will be fulfilled as soon as dispatch and preparation has been completed.

ctetuk3000
Visitor

Ok thanks for your help, it says on the page mid september now so not long at all :slight_smile:

BradleyUK
Visitor

To be released mid september!

ctetuk3000
Visitor

does anyone know if they are delivering so it gets to us by the 16th or if they are starting deliveries on the 16th?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Have you got an email stating that they are 16th as I still no actual date on the UK website.

When a new product is launched, the orders are fulfilled on that date so you should either get then within 5 days as mentioned. Most likely next day or day after depending on the day.

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

p.lawrence
New

Have already picked one up, I got it in New York a couple of weeks ago cost about £320.  So far quite inpressed with it, really nice to hold and the screen, I reckon, is at least on par with the iPad.  Just need to get a decent case for it and a screen protector.