Join now - be part of our community!

Password locked out the tablet.. Please help. :(

profile.country.en_GB.title
GigiFusc
Visitor

Password locked out the tablet.. Please help. :(

My daughter (no, it really was my daughter) somehow put a password on her Sony S tablet. She hasn't got a clue what she did and I have't got a clue what she did. But now I have big problems.

It's saying: 'Too many pattern attempts' (no idea what that means).

It's asking her to login using her google account and gives me the URL for gmail recovery.

The problem is that she doesn't remember what her gmail password was. But that's ok because I've been online on my PC and reset her password - no problem.

But now problem #2: Her tablet is not connecting to my wireless hub and because it's completely locked me out, I can't even put the Wifi back on. So it can't verify the gmail password!

What a mess.

If anyone can help me, I'd be greatful and so would my daughter.... Thanks in advance.

:slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

You raise an interesting point. Without a net connection, this feature is pointless.

I have just setup a pin password on mine and let it go to sleep. Upon wake, there was no internet connection. I kept the screen alive and good news was that my tablet picked up connection again so I would suggest typing random stuff till you see it connect to the network. If the wifi was turned off prior to this, I really do not know other than a total factory reset would be your only option.