Join now - be part of our community!

Car charger

profile.country.sv_SE.title
elmaco73
Visitor

Car charger

I can't find a 12 volt car charger for the Sony Tablet S. Is it true that it doesn't exist? Why??  If they come up with that stupid specific connector for the device, at least they need to supply the needed accessories for it.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi elmaco73,

As I understand there is no Sony car charger available and there are presently no plans to provide one.

Have you considered a DC/AV inverter – more bulky but will do the job. For example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-AC-Anywhere-Power-Inverter/dp/B000HEYTR4

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.sv_SE.title
elmaco73
Visitor

Thanks Rich, yes I know about the inverters. But they are too bulky, and part from in the car I also need to use the tablet in my boat. Anyway, it must be a quite simple thing to produce a car charger so I think it sucks that Sony don't fix that. I probably need to get myself another tablet because of this.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi elmaco73,

I agree that it would be simple to produce and judging purely from the number of posts on this forum enquiring about the same there must be a demand – I would certainly buy one at the right price.

Unfortunately, given the stock response from Sony, we have no real explanation of why. Maybe it’s just a lack of knowledge of consumer expectation, or the need to maximise profit without regard to the end user?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat