Join now - be part of our community!

Battery issue

HelloSmile
Visitor

Battery issue

I have see similar posts but with no clear solution by Sony/Xperia.  Can someone assist.  At various high level power levels my tablet dies saying no power, plug in the charger and surprise it goes back to the high power level mark within 30 seconds or so.  What is wrong.  I have done a full factory reset removing apps etc to make sure something is not bocking anything etc.  Draining battery doesn't work as it has high level power when it dies and then when I recharge.  can someone provide wisdom please.  thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Jonas
Master

Hi @HelloSmile, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

It's either the battery that is not calibrated correctly or there is something wrong with the hardware in the device.

You can recalibrate the battery if you let the tablet completely discharge and then you open up the cover for the SIM/SD card and press and hold the OFF button for 10 seconds as shown on the picture below.

https://cdn.support.sonymobile.com/common/assets/faq/sgp521/ILL-SONY-13CR-TABLET-FORCE-SHUTDOWN.png

Charge the device to full when it's powered off and see if there is any change or if the tablet still powers off randomly. If it does, get in touch with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you.

Let me know how it goes!