Join now - be part of our community!

Replacement cable for MDR-100AAP (h.ear on)

Luluberoo
New

Replacement cable for MDR-100AAP (h.ear on)

Does anyone know how I could get my hands on a replacement Cable for MDR-100AAP in blue?

Whilst removing it from my device the end has bent on my audio jack resulting in me to only recieve sound in my headset from one channel. It's still under warranty but Sony are saying they don't cover physical damage, which I won't lie miffed me a bit because you would expect damage from normal usage to be covered. Unless they expected me to leave it in one device forever???!

They gave me the details of a spare parts company don't have any items related to this model/product. Well if they do I certainly cannot find them.

so if anyone knows where I could find a suitable replacement, preferably the same colour as my Blue MDR-100AAP (h.ear on), I would greatly appreciate it. As I really don't want to fork out for an entirely new set when I've only had these a couple of months. 

thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cant find this cable through the normal spares suppliers - probably because its really new?  

So i took the liberty to hunt around for something similar:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Auxiliary-Samsung-Smartphones-Tablets-Speakers/dp/B00LM0U8M2/

Im not sure if the connection on the actual headphones is a 3.5mm or 5mm so you will need to check.  Ok, its not blue, doesnt have a mic or button, But for around £6 it might do you for the time being?

Alternative is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Cable-Auxiliary-iPhone-Spyrox/dp/B00LVR5IIA/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

@Anonymous Take care, MDR-100AAP have a special Sony plug, and the those cables won't work because the jack has to go deeper and so the base connector of the plug section has to be 5mm max to fit in

neddyda
New

I can confirm this, a standard 3.5mm jack will not fit into the slot on the headphones. It's frustrating because I love my MDR100aap headphones but hate the short flimsy cable and would like to replace it with a more durable coil one. If anyone knows where I could get one then please let me know.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

yu can buy some over amazon but for better quality cable, no choice, you gotta make one your own 😃

My warranty is long gone, so I wonder if I can make the hole bigger using some power tools. My original cable is broken (sound left side only).

Tags (1)