Join now - be part of our community!

Battery problem on WF-XB700

profile.country.RO.title
Drragos
Explorer

Battery problem on WF-XB700

Hello guys,

I have a problem with a pair of wireless headphones. The WF-XB700 ones. The problem is with the battery.

I've had them for almost 2 years now and never had any issues with them.

For the last 3 or 4 days, they only last for about 45-60 minutes, after i get them out of the charging case.

And yes, the case is working properly, it is charging itself and the earbuds. The earbuds are 100% charged when i pull them out, then after 30 or so minutes they go to 50% all of a sudden and then in a matter of minutes it goes from 50 to 20 and dead.

I've found another post from someone with a newer model that had some problems with the battery and someone from Sony told them to try a couple of things. Such as, making sure you use the original cable, you try them on another phone. It's the same original cable and tried on another phone. Nothing.

I did the reset and initialize thing. Nothing.

Someone mentioned try to turn off all the enhancements and things like that, but this model doesn't have such things. It's not even compatible with the Sony phone app. And EVEN if there were such things to turn off to get better batter life, i'm pretty sure it's not possible to have this problem from that, not at this level. They say up to 9 hours battery life. Ok, no1 expects 9 hours, but 45 minutes is a joke. There is a problem somewhere. You get the point.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this or other things i could try other than the ones i've listed already ?

What could possibly drain the battery so damn fast. Or am i just unlucky and the battery is just destroyed for some reason.

Thank you guys!

It's just weird that 2 years i had zero problems with them, could used them for hours, and then, a couple months after the warranty expires, they are practically dead....

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Avin09
New

Hello, 

This is exact the problem that i have been facing from last 15 days. even though battery is fully charged, i get to hear battery 70% in just 15 mins, then again after 10 mins it drains to 50% and switches off. 

please let me know if you get to hear any solution on this.