Join now - be part of our community!

XP DRIVER FOR VAIO VGN FE-41M

Darkchild22
Visitor

XP DRIVER FOR VAIO VGN FE-41M

Hello everyone, i tried to install windows xp in my laptop but didn't work coz VAIO DRIVERS, are not able to work with XP....so i have Xp installed now but anything work correctly. I don't know if VGN FE-31M XP Drivers will work correctly in my VGN-FE41M

Nobody knows..... PLEASE HELP ME.

Hola a todos, instalé el windows XP en mi portatil VGN-FE41M pero ahora no me funciona bien porque los drivers de VAIO no me funcionan con el XP, Solo con el vista. Mi pregunta es si hay esos drivers y si no los hay si los drivers del VGN-FE31M me valdrían que si tiene drivers para XP ok?

Nadie sabe....Porfavor AYUDA!!!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Darkchild22 and welcome to Club Vaio.

Sony will not support XP on your FE41M so make sure you create Recovery DVDs because you will have to reinstall Vista if you need to make a warranty claim.

As Sony do not support XP on this model, there are no XP Drivers. Looking at the specifications the FE31M looks very similar so these are going to be the best you will get.

Download both the Preinstalled XP Drivers and the Preinstalled XP Utilities for the FE31M and go to Device Manager and update the drivers manually. You just have to point them at your Drivers download directory and the wizard will install the correct drivers.

You need to download the Utilities and right-click on the compressed file and choose "Extract All .....". You then need to install each of the utilities by running the Setup.EXE file in each folder.

You will need to install the Microsoft Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (KB888111) first or you will not be able to install the sound drivers.

:wink: