Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Card Problem with VGN-C2Z/B?

kinn
Visitor

Wireless Card Problem with VGN-C2Z/B?

Hello

I've just purchased the C2Z/B Vaio and I'm loving it! I just have a few questions which I would like to ask fellow owners of the same Vaio to ensure I dont have any issues with my unit:

1. When I did all the Vaio updates, the wirless card vanished from device manager! I had to recover the Vaio via Vaio recovery to reset it back to its factory defaults. I did the updates again and the same issue again! And using the wireless switcher thing in the system tray only shows bluetooth and no wireless LAN option (i.e. option to select 2.4/5) Has anyone else had the same problem? I dont know how, but the wireless card is working again now.

2. I've switched off bluetooth so only wireless lan is enabled. However, whenever I switch the machine on, the bluetooth light is on! And it stays on until going into Vista.

3. Every time I go into Vaio updates I still have the "Startup fix for My Club VAIO 26/03/2007 0.02 MB" with a tick next to it under manual updates. I cant click on it to see what instructions it has and ticking the tick box does nothing either! Whats all this about then?

So does that sound like I have a problem with my Vaio? Or is that what everyone else encountered as well?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

3. Every time I go into Vaio updates I still have the "Startup fix for My Club VAIO 26/03/2007 0.02 MB" with a tick next to it under manual updates. I cant click on it to see what instructions it has and ticking the tick box does nothing either! Whats all this about then?

Same prob here.

chrisal
Visitor

Same prob here.

Same here - I'm trying to fix the error that I get when saying yes to update 'my club vaio' over the internet. I manully downloaded the fix but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

Sebby
Visitor

Couldn't you just download the file and run it without using VAIO Update, or am I missing something?

chrisal
Visitor

Couldn't you just download the file and run it without using VAIO Update, or am I missing something?

Sorry - i was unclear - i've downloaded the fix and ran it but i'm still getting the same error even after a reboot...

kinn
Visitor

Well I guess its a problem which Sony itself needs to sort out.

What about the other problems? Anyone else had those?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'm trying to fix the error that I get when saying yes to update 'my club vaio' over the internet. I manully downloaded the fix but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

Hi chrisal

The fix, I imagine, is to remove MCV from the Scheduled Tasks. In doing so it would stop MY Club Vaio from auto launching every time you start your Vaio..

To update My Club vaio try the solution in this thread ..

kee-lo_

I've done that, and the updates still show in the VAIO Update website, even though I am bang up to date

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I've done that, and the updates still show in the VAIO Update website, even though I am bang up to date

chrisal problem was that My Club Vaio window saying to "Connect to internet to download the latest version of My Club Vaio.!"...

I think the problem with the Vaio updates still indicating that the "Startup fix for My Club VAIO 26/03/2007 0.02 MB" has not been updated, has to resolved by Vaio-Link..

The reason, I guess, that it does not change is probably due to the fact that nothing is actually installed as the fix is designed to only remove MCV from Scheduled Tasks.. :thinking:

kee-lo_

Yeah that's what is a bit wierd. I think My Club VAIO needs an overhaul to make it:

1) Easier for Sony to update
2) Make ie easier for the consumer to just run VAIO-Update and get it there rather than have MCV do it.