Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Media Player shutdown problem (AR31S)

jeffer
Visitor

Windows Media Player shutdown problem (AR31S)

I'm running Windows Vista on AR31S and have a problem with Windows Media Player 11.

Sometimes when I open a media file to play, it plays in the background and the player doesnt appear and all I can hear is the sound - the interface does not appear. Somehow WMP is already running when I look at the task manager.

I have to manually go to open WMP from the start menu to bring it up, and the media will continue to play and the interface will appear.

And when I got to close or shutdown WMP, it disappears off screen but it still plays in the background! I have to go to Task Manager again to shut it down.

Anyone know of a fix to this or if they are experiencing similar behaviour? I think it's a Vista thing rather than a Sony thing as I have seen mentions of this on other forums.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

What type of file are you playing, or does the happen with everything?

jeffer
Visitor

Any media file, wmv, mp3, anything really.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi jeffer,

Check what you have in the way of Plug-ins (Tools > Plug-ins – any active Plug-ins will be ticked). Try disabling all and restarting Media Player.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try uninstalling the DivX codec, I had this problem once and it was due to a bad install. I just reinstalled the codec and it was fine.

ZHQ
Visitor

hi im having a similar problem with my windows media player 11 im running it on a ar31m.

mine openma nd all it even polayes teh file.....there dound but no picture. it says coded acured but it still doesnt play the video all i can c is the visuali\zation and hear teh soudn in teh movie....can u plz tell me what to do

thanks