Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 Vaio Care

profile.country.en_GB.title
gbleach
Visitor

Windows 8 Vaio Care

I upgraded to Windows 8, but in the process have lost Vaio Care, could anyone provide me with a link to the correct version of that and Media Gallery? My all in one sony touchscreen is VPCJ2.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jafanni
New

I too upgraded and now find that for some reason the ProDuo slot is not recognised.

profile.country.en_GB.title
gbleach
Visitor

Thanks.

Yes my model is included in the upgrade list. However, I have already upgraded to Windows 8. Should I still run the Sony upgrade kit?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gbleach,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Sony have not released any windows 8 drivers & utilities yet for your Vaio.?

Is your model supported for upgrade to the Windows 8 Operating System, find the supported models

If you Vaio model is found within the list then the following taken from the Sony windows 8 FAQ's should hopefully answer your question..

Sony is currently performing a validation of selected Windows 7 VAIO models to determine whether all BIOS, drivers, utilities and other VAIO applications from Sony can be fully supported for upgrade to the Windows 8 Operating System..

Depending on the outcome of the testing and validation phase for each model, Sony will issue a list of supported models as well as any known restrictions, limitations and necessary software updates..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

gbleach wrote:

Thanks.

Yes my model is included in the upgrade list. However, I have already upgraded to Windows 8. Should I still run the Sony upgrade kit?

Hi gbleach,

I do appologise not sure what happened to my earlier reply but here is a short version along the lines of what I posted previously as I notice Blencogo has already answered your questions in detail in your other thread - Sony Support???

Unfortunately you will need to restore your vaio back to the original Sony supplied OS in order to upgrade to windows 8

See the following FAQ's..

Is a Clean Install upgrade supported?

The 'Clean Install' scenario is not supported by Sony. Sony will only support the 'Migration' scenario.
A clean installation erases the entire hard drive (including the original Operating System) and installs the new Operating System files onto the hard drive. All folders, files, applications and personal settings will be erased. Migration will transition your VAIO to Windows 8, whilst preserving folders, files, applications and personal settings.

Also the guide should help explain the process you need to follow - Sony Windows 8 upgrade guide.