Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 Upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mihali
New

Windows 8 Upgrade

hi...i have sony saio VPCF23S1E and i have isntalled windows 8 pro and got problems with drivers of my vaio..i have downloaded wind 8 driver from sony web and nothing had change..my problem is with my keyboard light drivers and vaio control center..please help me to slove this problem...thnk.....

Message was edited by: Blencogo

to change discussion title

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mihali and welcome.

Your model is fully supported by Sony for a Windows 8 upgrade.  A clean unstall of Windows 8 is NOT supported as many of the drivers on the Sony website are Updates only and will not install unless the existing Windows 7 drivers are still installed on the system or inside the Recovery Partition - you must uninstall incompatible software BEFORE installing Windows 8 and then choose to “Keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps" when installing Windows 8 (see the instructions below).

To get your Vaio working properly, you will need to: -

1.  Return your Vaio to Windows 7 using Recovery Media.  You MUST have the Windows 7 Recovery Partition on your hard drive for the upgrade to work (existing drivers and software deleted by the Upgrade installation will be taken from the Recovery Partition during the Upgrade).

2.  Download the Vaio Windows 8 Upgrade Kit (VUforWin8Upg.exe) from here by entering your Vaio's Model and Serial Number: -

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/sony/windows8/EU/index.aspx

3.  Follow the upgrade instructions exactly: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/files/vaio/EU1/Windows_8_Upgrade_Guide_EU1.pdf

It seems that this is the only way to successfully upgrade.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mihali
New

The truth is that I have no partition of windows 7 restore
I inadvertently deleted.
and this link and you tried and that your vaio is not supported.
We are very sorry: your VAIO is not supported by the VAIO Windows 8 Upgrade Kit.
how can I make it working windows 8 without this upgrade kit.

pleaseee helppp me........

Message was edited by: Mihali