Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 Graphic card problems.

profile.country.en_GB.title
pastieman
Visitor

Windows 8 Graphic card problems.

Hi, hope someone can help me with this, I have just upgraded my Vaio VPCEC3S0E to Windows 8 and am having problems with the graphic card drivers. This machine uses the ATI mobility Redeon HD 5470 card, I have installed the latest drivers dated 22/10/12 (I think that is correct) but still get a error stating the GPU is not supported, HELP.

Many thanks, Steve (a frustrated owner)

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
Simsa76
New

I have the same problem ! please help

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve and welcome.

Unfortunately, graphics drivers for your Vaio need to be provided by Sony and these are not available yet.  Sony are still evaluating which models will be supported.

Have a look at this discussion: -

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/823077#823077

:thinking:

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
Simsa76
New

On my VPCSE2F1E/S does´t work. If someone know when should be the support for win 8 for all drivers for supported notebooks please tell me.

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
mmateus
Visitor

In my VPCSB25FB, Radeon HD 7400 series don´t work.

Code 10. :

Este dispositivo não pode ser iniciado. (Código 10)

{Operação falhou}

A operação solicitada não foi bem-sucedida.

I need help, pls

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Simsa76 wrote:

On my VPCSE2F1E/S does´t work. If someone know when should be the support for win 8 for all drivers for supported notebooks please tell me.

Hi mmateus,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

unfortunately as yet we do not know of any dates but the drivers will not be released for windows 8 until Sony have finished evaluating selective windows 7 Vaio's..

All we can suggest is to keep an eye on drivers & utilities dowload section your Vaio models support page..

The following is taken from the *Sony Windows 8 FAQ's*

Sony is currently performing a validation of selected Windows 7 VAIO models to determine whether all BIOS, drivers, utilities and other VAIO applications from Sony can be fully supported for upgrade to the Windows 8 Operating System..

Depending on the outcome of the testing and validation phase for each model, Sony will issue a list of supported models as well as any known restrictions, limitations and necessary software updates..

profile.country.en_GB.title
dadhya
Visitor

I own a Sony VAIO VPCEB14EN with ATI Radeon 5470, and I am facing the same problems with my graphics card.

Sony must bring out a driver for their PCs as they have taken it upon themselves to modify every software that enters its machines. No other machine of any other brand has a problem with ATI graphics card drivers as the drivers are available from the ATI website. AND, they have specifically mentioned that the drivers won't work with Sony PCs, which is simply APPALLING! What makes Sony so special, and why is it so important to test VAIO for Windows 8 support.

One must at least be able to use the graphics card with the desktop utilities. Come on!

Dwaipayan Adhya.