Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Ultimate and a few "issues"

realmacbeth
Visitor

Vista Ultimate and a few "issues"

I recently, through work and a very nice supplier, got a Sony VGN-FE31Z complete with the VGP-PRFE1 docking station and when not using the docking station the laptop is fantastic BUT when using the docking station I could throw it out of the nearest window ( which would be nice for any passers by ). Anyway I am hoping some kind sole will be able to help with a couple of issues :

When the laptop is in the docking station and asleep or off, there is no way to turn the power on and I have to open the laptop and start it up then close the lid and slide it back under the monitor stand. This is a bit interesting for a docking station.

The second one is when I undock the laptop from the docking station, I press the undock button and Vista reports the unit is ready to be undocked I then release the unit from the docking station and the screen on the laptop does not come on. So I have to power it off and start it up again.

Both of these issues are relatively minor but it is the small things which make the most impact on the day to day and any help or suggestions ( apart from go back to XP as I am trying Vista for the company ) would be most welcome.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi realmacbeth and welcome to Club Vaio.

Can't do much about the first point but for the second one - what version of the System BIOS are you using?

There is a Vista updated Bios which addresses recovery from standby - this may help your problem.

:wink:

realmacbeth
Visitor

Thanks for that I have applied the patch, whilst working away from the office, and will let you know how I get on.