Join now - be part of our community!

Vista SP1 Update and SigmaTel Driver Problem

Polojoe
Visitor

Vista SP1 Update and SigmaTel Driver Problem

It seems like the latest SigmaTel driver provided by Sony in 2007 is blocking the update of SP1. Does anyone know when and if an update will get released by Sony? or how to sort this out. I have Vista Ultimate and a VGN SZ4VWN.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Polojoe

there is a similar thread regarding the SP1 update: SigmaTel soundcard drivers for XL302 and Vista SP1

Polojoe
Visitor

Many thanks. I will follow the thread and hope that Sony posts a new driver/solution soon since so many users are effected.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Polojoe.. :slight_smile:

tellyaddict07
Visitor

i have got the 6.10.5379.0 sigma tel drivers on my laptop, and i downloaded the standalone vista sp1 and installed it from microsoft website and have had no problems, its a big download and the update is smaller so you might prefer to wait

profile.country.en_GB.title
bpshah
Visitor

What's the offical Sony position on this, I was under the impression that sp1 had not been realesed, as windows update never suggested it to me, just as well I read this, why is Sony so slow with everything!!

Is there a way round or should we just wait.

Polojoe
Visitor

Thalamus, any news on when there will be a fix from Sony or MS?

Must be lots and lots of VAIO users that can not upgrade to SP1 through the MS automatic update because of this. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus, any news on when there will be a fix from Sony or MS? 

Must be lots and lots of VAIO users that can not upgrade to SP1 through the MS automatic update because of this. :slight_frown:

Hi Polojoe,

I have successfully installed SP1 on my AR31S, which has the 6.10.5379.0 SigmaTel HiDef audio drivers..

First I downloaded and installed Microsoft Hotfix Package KB937287 from Vaio-Link, use the following link to download: KB937287 Update Program 1.0

Then I downloaded and installed the Vista SP1 update, which I downloaded from HERE

I did not receive any error messages prior too, during or after the installation of the SP1 update.. :slight_smile: