Join now - be part of our community!

VIAO PCG-973L SONY'S red headed step child

profile.country.en_GB.title
ATCHERSERVICE
Visitor

VIAO PCG-973L SONY'S red headed step child

working on a friends viao , the one  i guess sony wants to forget that it ever exisisted .  PCG 973L .

unfortunatly 2 other computer technoidiots got to it first.  i am having no luck finding  viao drivers / software that was origonally installed with the  xp home os .  my friend just needs it for e-mails and not much else .

so if anyone can make me look like the "HERO" id appreciate your help . payment i will recieve is the best cranberry oatmeal cookies youve ever devoured ...

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ATCHERSERVICE,

I think you are quoting the chassis model number rather than the Product Model Number. You should find the correct reference on either the screen surround or possibly above the keyboard – it may possibly be a PCG-FX series.

Once you have the correct product number you will find available drivers on the Sony Support site but most of the original Sony Software is not available to download. If you wish to return the machine to factory settings including all pre-installed software you will need the recovery media that can be purchased from Sony Support at a cost of approx. £50.

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat