Join now - be part of our community!

vgnfw21m

profile.country.en_GB.title
marirasg
Visitor

vgnfw21m

hi, just want to know? why is it i cant play a blu ray disc in my computer VGN FW21M? it was saying needs to updat, but when i was trying to update, there is no update available?

please help me to solve this issue.

thank you

marissa

3 REPLIES 3
seven8
Explorer

got the same problem, lost everything when hard drive crasch, years ago. still on, now calm.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi marirasg and welcome.

The last published update appears to be WinDVD BD Update - 8.8.0.285 dated June 2013.  Do you have this installed? What version of Windows are you using?

Since then I think Sony have stopped supporting this product which needs updates for the latest discs to be playable.

You may need to install a different BD Player - it is best to try one that gives a 30 day trial to check it works before buying.

The market leaders are Cyberlink PowerDVD or ArcSoft Total Media but there is also some free software available - try Google.

:wink:

seven8
Explorer

Thank you my friend. Used the Windows 7 ultimate before and when the hard disk broke down the first time (it happen twice) now Windows ten pro. I'm deaf so it was stupid of me to buy this laptop, it was to advanced for me and my experience, learn more now and got another vaio laptop also - not so advanced. Thank you for your advices, will try it soft and easy, seems like I've now beginning to get it together in a way, my handicap was grounded in a brain injury as a kid, so have even troubles with understanding and keep focus in some situations. With respect and thank you. Kind regards.