Join now - be part of our community!

Very bad Sony notebook support in Germany

ewm
Visitor

Very bad Sony notebook support in Germany

I bought a Vaio VGN-C1S in january 2007.

Because I have some problems with the additional supplied express card memory adapter VGP-MCA20, which only works with 2 of my 6 SD-memory cards and with beeping or buzzing sounds of the notebook in battery mode I started a support call on january the 11th.

Until today I got only one insufficient answer concerning the card reader. The answer was miles away from my question, because it was a answer about the usage of sonys memory sticks. Not about my problem with SD-cards!

No answer until today about the beeping or buzzing sound in battery mode.

Its a shame. Nearly 6 weeks and not a breeze of a serious attemp to help from the german vaio support.

After 6 weeks i know: it was my first but also my last sony notebook!

Greetings from the very angry vaio user
ewm

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ewm,

I've sent a message asking Vaio-Link to look into this for you, hopefully someone should contact you.. :thinking:

ewm
Visitor

Thx Thalamus for your assistance.

But another 8 days are gone without any reaction from sony.

In germany sony ist often called as "sonie" what you can translate as "not in this way". I would say "never again" :slight_frown:

Greetings from ewm

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They are really lazy some days

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thx Thalamus for your assistance.

But another 8 days are gone without any reaction from sony.

In germany sony ist often called as "sonie" what you can translate as "not in this way". I would say "never again" :slight_frown:

Greetings from ewm

I'll ask again for you ewm..

D-FENS
Visitor

Have you tried contacting a local retailer? As my experience shows, it is often better to be able to talk to those people instead of sending emails or dealing with a call-center. They just don't care, regardless of which brand... Hope you never had a Gericom notebook...

Anyways, I suggest you phone the people at http://www.wuw.de/
It is my retailer of choice and they are quite competent, since they repair all VAIOs themselves.

Regards, Chris

Btw, I have this beeping too with my N21E, when in battery mode - but I don't care. I think we should have bought more expensive VAIOs in order to get better quality components.