Join now - be part of our community!

VCR setup

Jm58
Visitor

VCR setup

Hi there! New owner of VGC-V2S struggling to connect VHS video to the PC. Have scart to Composite inputs connected but can not see picture at all. I'm surely missing something really basic - can anyone help me please?

4 REPLIES 4
Kimo
Visitor

Experienced similar problem: no analog input into Pinnacle Studio 9 and Windows Movie maker. Did work with the TV (Giga Pocket) tool (select channel from front or rear connectors) and could save VHS to disk and export in MPG. But this is a pain in the $ss.

Still question remains open how to define the analog inputs into common video editing software. IT is also interesting to see that I found no capture devices for video on the PC but there were video codecs and legacy drivers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Make sure you are on one of the exteral channels.

WARPEDMIND
Visitor

Hi
I had this problem on my VGS-V2M what i neede was a switchable scart adapter, by this i mean a scart scart adapter which has a switch for in and out, the cable you are using may be output only from the jack plugs and input at the scart endbut with a scart adapter you can switch this to output then press play on the video choose aux channel then you should see the picture.
Hope this helps.

tags
Visitor

Hi,

I have posted the solution to this a few weeks ago. Sift through the forum and you should see it.