VAIO (VPCF12Z1E) and iPhone Bluetooth tethering

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hardip010
Visitor

VAIO (VPCF12Z1E) and iPhone Bluetooth tethering

Hi All

I hope the question finds you all well.

I’m unable to tether my iPhone 4 (ISO 5) with my VAIO.  I believe this is because of driver capability on Windows 7.  By the by, this is the first time I am trying to pair via Bluetooth so I don’t know if this is a persistent problem from IOS 4 (or something else).  I’ve also downloaded the relevant VAIO updates and cannot find the fix.

On attempting the tethering both devices are visible to one another and the unique key is presented.  However, on Windows 7 I receive the following message “Bluetooth peripheral device does not have a driver”.  On the iPhone the laptop VAIO name is acquired but the “Not Connected” status is displayed.

Most of the articles I’ve read don’t inspire me with confidence as they direct the user to obscure looking driver download links/websites and that makes me uncomfortable.

Can anyone please help resolve this?  Is this a problem with VIAO hardware, Windows 7, the iPhone or something else?

Regards

H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm glad the link worked - however, I'm not quite sure where the post disappeared to!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
hardip010
Visitor

Just a quick update for other users. I was sent this link by a forum admin:

http://www.conetrix.com/Blog/post/iPhone-Tethering-Cannot-Install-Driver-for-Bluetooth-Peripheral-De...

This did the trick of removing the yellow exclamation mark - thank you as this provided useful to resolve the Windows 7 issue.

However, I'm on the O2 network and to enable tether there is an addition charge (£7.50).  The basis of this charge is that my iPhone essential becomes enabled as a wireless access point and thus I can surf the internet using the iPhone.  However, I have no intention of doing this as I have a mobile broadbrand wireless device and therefore why would I use 3G.

Apparently there is no other option to enable tethering i.e. without the creation wireless access point. Therefore I cannot connect my VAIO laptop to the phone for local (bluetooth only) file transfer or sychonising.

I believe all options are now exhausted unless I pay the charge without I won't out of principle as opposed to the cost.

All the best, H

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm glad the link worked - however, I'm not quite sure where the post disappeared to!