Join now - be part of our community!

vaio screen problems?

harryup
Visitor

vaio screen problems?

hello to all!

I am a new VAIO notebook user (VGN-FZ21Z) and quite satisfied so far. However, I've noticed a couple of things which make me worry more and more.

First, the screen itself, even though it's very bright and awesome, does not seem to work perfectly well... When it's black (either when windows is about to start, or when watching a film and there's black between the scenes, or there are very dark colours, or even a black screensaver or desktop theme), you can see some discolourations on it. In particular, there is a vertical line crossing the screen from top to bottom, that is lightly whiter (as a light white shade) than the rest of the screen and also a horizontal line with the same effect. It's not a big trouble but at times you can see it very clearly! Also, some times the pixels on the screen turn to red... and the pictures lose their realistic colours and get a bright red 'pixelish' colour... Might this be a problem with windows, the grpaphics card or the screen itself?

Last but not least, my Vaio came with several programmes that I had to install. When I tried to install a couple of them (especially the ARC-soft magic i-visual effects program), my laptop crashed, showing a horrible blue screen!!!!! How can this happen to a brand new PC?

Any help would be extremely valuable, before I have to return my vaio and ask for a solution to these problems

Thank you in advance,

H.U 🙂

1 REPLY 1
helloimgeoff1
Visitor

From what you've said it sounds like your screen is faulty, I recently got a new Vaio FZ21Z and have nothing happen to the screen like you've described it.
When I got it, all software that came with it was pre installed as well, that could just be a difference of how different places sell it - check with where you got it. If I was in your position I would be looking to take it back and get an exchange for the same laptop again, as it really is an awesome laptop when you get one that works. :slight_smile:

Best of luck, Geoff.