Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio & PSP Problems

aerodeano
Visitor

Vaio & PSP Problems

Does anybody know of any issues with the Vaio Laptop and the new PSP?? I bought my son a PSP for Christmas and let him plug the USB cable into my Vaio whilst i was working and he was playing.... 5 minutes later I got the Blue Screen and everything went dead. Unable to start ever since.

Any Suggestions??

Also as a warning to others.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I've never had a problem with my PSP & Vaios. The PSP is just used as a mass storage device when plugged in so I would guess that the crash you experienced was unrelated.

If you have the text of the blue screen message then I'm sure we could give you more information about what's happened.

William
Visitor

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your problem.

I too have a PSP and often plug it into my two Vaio's using a USB cable supplied with my Sony camera. The computer sees the memory stick Duo in the PSP as a removeable drive.

I admit I have never done it whilst playing a game but I doubt whether a PSP would harm your computer.

But that doesn't help your current Laptop situation. If your Vaio was somehow damaged eg. by a faulty USB cable I would have not expected a Blue screen to appear.

Can you access the Bios of the laptop by pressing "F2" repeatedly just after pressing the power button.?

If so try the same with "F8" and see if XP will run in "Safe Mode".

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You can read the text of the bluescreen if you disable the automatic reboot.

It's the MS joke "No BlueScreens any more". Because if you get one, Windows restarts and you will be not able to read the messege.