Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FE41E front part contact to desk

jmpmolegraaf
Visitor

Vaio FE41E front part contact to desk

Dear All,

My new Vaio FE41E is not supported by the two front (rubber) supports at the corners, but by the plastic middle part (which has slits for ventilation).

Does anybody know how to solve this problem or does anybody else suffer the same problem.. It's very annoying, because there is no good grip with the desk AND you don't expect this when buying a well-engineered Sony computer.

Regards,
Jan-Martin (NL)

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jan-Martin and welcome to Club Vaio.

That doesn't sound good. I would telephone Sony Vaio-Link Support for guidance on what to do next.

You could also take it back to the shop and ask for it to be exchanged.

:slight_frown:

jmpmolegraaf
Visitor

actually, after some further investigation I found out that the center middle bottom part of notebook is fully touching the desk.

Only little pressure is acting on the rubber corner supports.

Is this problematic for the ventilation (what ventilation is situated on the bottom?)..?

The Vaio FE41E has a rounded shape on the bottom, but this one seems to be too much rounded. It can probably only be solved by replacing this notebook by another?

Regards,
JM

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You could get rubber feet like the type you put under the table so it doesn't scratch your parke floor. You can cut it to size and it'll save you having to send it away for 10 days+