Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio F13E1E/H cpu speed low on battery

profile.country.el_GR.title
Atomakis1992
Visitor

Vaio F13E1E/H cpu speed low on battery

I have this notebook and I upgraded the bios to R0190Y9 with the sony upgrade tool. All went excellent. After that my cpu runs on 1.19 Ghz on battery and it never speed up like when it's on ac power. If I connect the ac power it speeds up on 2.70 + Ghz with no problem. I updated the drivers. In vaio care or in vaio control there isn't any setting to change. Is there a new bios to update or a edited version that fixes that?

Thanks in advance for the info, sorry for my English. I'm from Greece.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.es_ES.title
Infodon
Visitor

I deduct you are using W8 . That's normal w8 has energy plans that controls processor speed according to power source . When it's battery it lowers processor speed.

You can configure it anyway. Go to battery icon then "more energy options" , it opens new window to edit energy plan configuration .Select "Change advanced energy options" there you can see at the list an option called "CPU energy Administration " (or so on , sorry if my english is not so good)... there you can change options .

Hope it helps

BR

Atomakis1992
Visitor

I already did this with no result. If you want can you tell me what to change? I suppose that I don't see it and it is an easy one.

Infodon
Visitor

Well simpliest way is to go Control panel>System and Security>Energy Options> Show hidden aditional plans>select "Performance"

You got to know that w8 modifies CPU frecuency depending on sytem load .So you can see at taskmanager that Cpu frecuency may vary on system load try opening programs or games you will see CPU speeding up :wink:

That's normal don't worry if you have selected "Performance" mode your system will speed up CPU to max values when needed.

Hope it helps

BR

Atomakis1992
Visitor

Changing to performance didn't do it. Yes the cpu speeds up if it connected in the ac power. If it is in the battery it stays in 47PERCENTAGESIGN cpu load and 1.19 Ghz frequency.

Infodon
Visitor

Have you tried to enter bios menu and see if any CPU parameter is limitating the speed?

Tell us your progress

BR

Atomakis1992
Visitor

Yes I tried and the only options are C3/C6 cpu to be compartible and Intel Hyperthreating. No other with the cpu speed.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Atomakis1992,

The update you installed (BIOS - R0190Y9) added CPU C3/C6 support in the BIOS which forces the processor into a lower power state to conserve battery power. It may also produce a light high-frequency noise when working on battery. Have you tried disabling this?

Note that disabling CPU C3/C6 support will reduce the optimization of your VAIO's battery life.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Atomakis1992
Visitor

No rich912 I changed that in Bios and it didn't do the trick. There is no any modified bios for this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Atomakis1992,

Sony lock down most advanced options in the BIOS and I therefore doubt that you will find anything there to solve the problem.

As you seem to think that this has resulted from the BIOS update I suggest you bring this to the attention of Support. They may possibly have a solution but otherwise it would be worth asking whether there is any way to roll back/reinstall the original BIOS.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat