Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Duo 11 Power Supply

profile.country.en_GB.title
RichyBigPants
Visitor

Vaio Duo 11 Power Supply

I recent traded up my Mac and iPad to Sony's Duo 11, which until yesterday was awesome. The power pack had appeared slightly temperamental but finally gave out, no big deal I thought, I will call Sony and get a new one either through warranty, or buy one from the store.

So I began searching, and found one in the states, but not the UK. So I called the sales department, "oh I can't find it either", was transferred to support and told to go to "4sony.co.uk, and buy one from there" not even a mention of warranty purchase.

So having then spent an hour trawling the websites for the right power supply I am left with absolutely nothing. And not only that having dropped over £1000 I am trying to trouble shoot my own support, to pay more money to get the device working again.

Subsequently my wife has disposed of said power pack "as it was broken" (urge to kill rising) so all I want to do is give someone some money to make all this nonsense stop.

I am looking for (I believe) a VGP-AC10V8 for the Sony Vaio Duo 11, SVD112A1SM, I want to love you Sony, I really do, but as much as it pains me to say it, I would not have had this problem had I of stuck with Apple and simply dual booted my system.

Please can someone help me find the right department or person that can let me have/buy a new power supply so I can turn my now defunct £1000 coaster back into a working device that I need to earn a living.

Message was edited by: RichyBigPants

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi RichyBigPants,

This has been passed on to Support who will hopefully be able to direct you to a source of supply for the power adaptor. As and when we receive further information it will be posted here.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
RichyBigPants
Visitor

Thanks for the update, I have heard back from 4sony and they don't know what I am asking for either/don't have any.

RichyBigPants
Visitor

I appreciate the help of the contributors to this forum, but I can only assume that the complete lack of contact from Sony Support, and the admission from a 3rd party that they don't have what I need implies that Sony have in fact released a luxury device and not thought to provision spares/update their support for the launch.

I really would just like to be able to speak with someone to understand how I can get hold of a new power supply. This is the second day that I am not able to properly complete my work due to not having use of a very expensive piece of kit, which Sony appear to be proudly promoting on their website and in stores. It's a joke!!!

I would highly recommend that the support team look to understand how many business clients have bought this device, because the exposure could be huge.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I totally agree with your comments and have escalated to a higher level.

Please bear with us whilst we try to get an answer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi RichyBigPants,

I understand that Support have been in contact with you although details are sketchy.

Have you been given contact details for the correct line of support and any indication of when the power adaptor will be available?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
richardwatts
Visitor

Sony don't seem to know very much about this wonderful product which I bought in Hong Kong with I was assured an international warranty.

I could not find the model number in the UK registration site so contacted HK support who rapidly replied with a link to register international purchases.

Sadly the site said my computer did not exist. HK then advise that the Sony database is not updated so try later in the month.

I only hope that I don't get a similar problem to you and need spares or repairs.

It still is a great product BTW!!

RichyBigPants
Visitor

@Rich912 i called them as I had not had any response. The guy gave me the correct number and I spoke with a support guy who didn't appear to understand all that was said, he seemed very confused to tell the truth.

There was as a mumble that these were not available yet, it would have to be escalated to tier 2, and that could I tell him a good time on Tuesday, I assumed for an update.

Please can you tell me that they are not going to call Tuesday to check what my problem is, and that they will actually have a resolution, i.e. a new adapter?

I'm steadily losing all patience with this.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi RichyBigPants,

It would seem that Vaio Link did not explain the situation to you – assuming that they understood the problem in the first place of course.

The problem is that the system is not showing stock (although there is stock) so the agents can’t order it. This problem was escalated on Friday and is being looked into. Hopefully you will receive a call either today or tomorrow with an update. If not then please let us know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
RichyBigPants
Visitor

Thanks for your help rich