Join now - be part of our community!

Using VAIO to playback movies on the TV via TV out....help needed please!!

mackiecross
Visitor

Using VAIO to playback movies on the TV via TV out....help needed please!!

Hiya people!!

Hope its all good in your part of the world!

I'v had a vaio PCG-GR214MP notebook for a couple of years...and it has performed well...so far!

The problem i have, is when i connect the notebook to the TV (via tv out - port at the rear of the notebook....via phono & video lead to the TV), whilst holding the function key and F7, the signal switches what you view on the notebook monitor on to the tv....so you can play your movies on the big screen.

thing is....its a bit hit and miss....sometimes it works.....most of the time it doesnt.....the audio is always present but not the picture (so it cant be a problem with the cable)....

any input would be most definetly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
g_d_u_m
New

Hi,

I'm not sure as I don't have the same laptop model, but some of the graphic cards for desktops have the same issue.

These cards are not able to detect a connected TVSet while windows is running.
All you have to do is connect your TV before booting up. Then the graphic card detects the presence of a TV set, then activate the TVOut feature.

Connecting the TV after Windows is loaded won't work.

If this corresponds to your issue, you can also try using the very latest drivers and check if a dynamic detection has been implemented.

Good luck.

mackiecross
Visitor

^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the post/response....il give it a try and see!!

but to be honest....im pretty sure iv tried this method before....connecting up the cables and then starting the laptop....but its all hit and miss...sometimes it works....sometimes it doesnt....

oh well....lets see

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If that doesn’t work try enabling the TV on the Displays tab in the advanced display settings.

Btw I have a GR series and it is Fn + F8 to toggle between LCD/TV, Fn + F7 is for LCD/VGA (external monitor).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mackiecross
Visitor

^^^^^

Rich....yes u r correct it is the F8....not F7, I was workin from my memory...which isn't that good at the moment!

I booted it up last night and it worked....as per the previous instructions....and will follow your suggestions if needed.

many thanks

Seasons Greetings to you and yours!!