Join now - be part of our community!

URGENT HELP: laptop made rattling & beep noises; I sent it off for repair, I thought it was repaired, but noises have returned!

profile.country.en_GB.title
mufc_fan1989
Explorer

URGENT HELP: laptop made rattling & beep noises; I sent it off for repair, I thought it was repaired, but noises have returned!

URGENT HELP GUYS:

hey guys- I was wondering if anyone could help me and/or give me advice regarding my vaio laptop: (apologies in advance for the post- it is a long one)

back in february, I sent my laptop off for repair as it would sometimes make a short rattling noise followed by a short beep. sometimes this series of noises would occur once every other minute and it would occur everytime I used it. It did not affect the usage of my laptop but it was an inconvenience.

as I got my laptop back from repairs in late february- a report was sent with it stating what was done, but since I don't have any knowledge about computer repair, I assumed they found the cause of the rattling & beeping noises and fixed it accordingly. Since then, my laptop has worked fine until last week, as the rattling and beeping noise made a return.

The rattling & beep noises do not occur as often as it did before (sometimes it does not make the noises on one day, but it may make the noises if use the laptop again the next day) but it is quite disheartening to know that the engineers who looked at my laptop may have overlooked this problem.

After contacting sony repair again, I have been advised to send it off for repairs again, however, I am apprehensive this time as according to sony repair's terms and conditions, I may be charged with a diagnostic fee if the engineers do not find anything, even if the laptop is under warranty. Since it seems that the causes of the rattling & beep noises have been overlooked, I do not want, nor can I afford to pay that fee just because the engineers may overlook this issue again and conclude that there is no fault with my laptop.

my laptop is still under warranty and is less than 2 years old. And I did not experience any rattling & beep noises today but i may experience it tomorrow, as it comes and goes. I booked for the laptop to be taken for repair for this tuesday but I am in two minds as to whether I should cancel. mainly because of the diagnostic fee. somebody please help!

0 REPLIES 0