Join now - be part of our community!

Updating the Display Driver on my VGC-M1

Netbaby
Visitor

Updating the Display Driver on my VGC-M1

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum but here goes. My VGC-M1 keeps crashing whenever I try to run any software requiring detailed graphics :cry: .

Basically, according to MS, this is due the the ATI display driver so I treied to install an updated driver from ATI Technolgies only to find that I am unable to do so because the adapter and driver were pre-installed on my machine :smileyconfused:.

I have tried to register to use Vaio link's e-support but they are unable to register my computer and will [apparently] respond to help me with registration. Well, that was last week and I'm still not registered.

So I tried phoning only to find out that I will be charged an extra cost for using the phone service as I purchased my computer over a year ago!

Does anyone know how I can around this problem and update my drive to correct the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Hello

Welcome to the Club,
OK go here and grab the original driver package and install again and any newer or incompatable drivers will be ignored. If that is no good go to My Computr right click hardware>device manager.graphic and reinstall the driver and it will search for the downloaded driver for you.

sparksy
Visitor

i use the omega drivers on my vgc-m1 as more shaders for graphics are supported and they work fine with bf2 cod2 no probs at all get them at www.amegadrivers.com

sparksy
Visitor