Join now - be part of our community!

Tighten Hinges on an VGN-A series laptop?

dreak
Visitor

Tighten Hinges on an VGN-A series laptop?

Hi,

I have a 3 year old Sony VGN-A115B and for the last 18 months the hinges holding the screen have been getting worse and worse. Now it has like an inch of movement while open, it's incredibly annoying.

Does anyone know of an easy way to tighten them yourself? I've been told this isn't covered by the warranty... but I can't seem to find out how to do it myself. If you can't do it yourself this is really unacceptable, I have two other laptops, one 6 years old and one 8 years old both have had as much if not more use than this one and they're still very steady. Not to mention I paid almost double for this thinking I was getting "superior build quality".

If anyone could let me know how it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks! (Sorry for my little rant :smileytongue:)

edit: Does anyone know why Sony chooses to disable searching on their forums? I know for a fact this question has been answered more than once but I can't find the thread.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dreak,

Here is a similar thread that was posted recently, I think that you may need to either contact Vaio-support or seek advice from an independent repairer.. :slight_frown:

PS The search function used to work on the forum but it's been down for a long time now, we have reported this to Sony but unfortunately the problems remains unfixed.. :anguished: