Join now - be part of our community!

SVT1312B4E Registration & entering BIOS

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Sheikh.Abbas
New

SVT1312B4E Registration & entering BIOS

Firstly, I am unable to register my T-Series SVT1312B4E model as Sony's registration page cannot find this model, hence I've emailed Sony customer services.

Secondly, I cannot enter the BIOS of the laptop. I am pressing F2 really fast when I reboot the laptop, but not getting any luck.

Any suggestions regarding the above two would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sheikh_Abbas,

Windows 8 has bypassed F2 to enter the BIOS due to speed of startup. Instead press the Assist button when the computer is fully shut down. This should present the following screen.

Rescue mode - assist button.JPG

Registration is an ongoing problem and we are awaiting a solution. If you have no response from Support on this please let us know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sheikh_Abbas,

Windows 8 has bypassed F2 to enter the BIOS due to speed of startup. Instead press the Assist button when the computer is fully shut down. This should present the following screen.

Rescue mode - assist button.JPG

Registration is an ongoing problem and we are awaiting a solution. If you have no response from Support on this please let us know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Boondoggler
Visitor

Hi

Regarding entering the BIOS, this doesn't work on my machine running W8

Can you please post how to do this on W8 variants

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Boondoggler,

Those are the instructions to enter the BIOS settings for Vaios that came pre-installed with Windows 8.

If you have upgraded from a previous version of windows and retained the Legacy BIOS system as opposed to the more recent UEFI then try tapping F2 at boot to enter BIOS.

Otherwise find the PC Settings application – press WinKey+C to reveal the Charms bar, click Settings, and select Change PC settings to access it. In the PC Settings application, select the General category and click the Restart now button under Advanced Startup. Your computer will restart and you’ll enter the Windows 8 boot options menu, where you can access the UEFI BIOS.

OR hold Shift while clicking Restart in the Shut Down menu to restart your computer into the boot options menu.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat