Join now - be part of our community!

SSD RAID0 failure on Vaio Z computer

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Akhenaten939
Visitor

SSD RAID0 failure on Vaio Z computer

This summer I suddently got a blue screen on my Vaio VPCZ13Z9E, and when I tried to reboot I got the message that Failed for Volym 0 RAID=(Stripe) bootable. I contacted Sony support but they said that if they repaired the computer I would loose my data. Since I had added some valuable data since the last backup I wanted to try to recover the data. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the solid state disk was whole disk encrypted with PGP. Some companies offer recovery services (not Sony) but the price is very steep and the result not guaranteed. I therefore waited and planned to try different methods myself, but none of my attempts worked. I was a few times able to pass the PGP password stage, but the computer did not follow through with a windows boot but got stuck. With PGP rescue I could start the computer but not access the disk. My guarantee is running out and I now have to choose between repairing the computer and losing the data or trying to recover the data. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Best regards

0 REPLIES 0