Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vgncs320j Display Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
genicho69
Visitor

Sony vgncs320j Display Problem

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me, my Sony laptop Vgncs320j Display has developed purple horizontal lines, it seems to be a fault Sony are aware of, but as I bought my laptop in America, I'm finding it a little hard to return it to be fixed as I'm living in Dublin, Ireland!  :slight_smile:    Any help on what to do would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi genicho69 and welcome.

What do you see if you connect an external monitor?  Are these lines visible in the BIOS screens or during startup (before Windows loads)?

You can try reinstalling the Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics driver to see if this cures the problem.  You can download the driver from here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNCS320J&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/do...

However, it sounds like a hardware problem with the screen or the wiring.  I am guessing that your Vaio is no longer within Warranty so I would find a local repairer to have a look at it.  If you Google for 'VGN-CS screen replacement' I expect you will find a local firm.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi genicho69 and welcome.

What do you see if you connect an external monitor?  Are these lines visible in the BIOS screens or during startup (before Windows loads)?

You can try reinstalling the Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics driver to see if this cures the problem.  You can download the driver from here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNCS320J&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/do...

However, it sounds like a hardware problem with the screen or the wiring.  I am guessing that your Vaio is no longer within Warranty so I would find a local repairer to have a look at it.  If you Google for 'VGN-CS screen replacement' I expect you will find a local firm.

:thinking: