Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO E series - SVE14A2M1EB Windows 8 installation problem

profile.country.hu_HU.title
szekipeti
Visitor

Sony VAIO E series - SVE14A2M1EB Windows 8 installation problem

Hi,

How could i install Windows 8 Pro on my new laptop. Originally shipped whit Windows 8. I can not the basic system upgrade to the Windows 8 Pro. After reinstall with the windows 8 DVD, i have the original system on the laptop.

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi szekipeti,

I have not been down this route but understand that there is no need to reinstall the system when upgrading to Windows 8 Pro. Instead you should be able to “Add Features” to the existing OS – this has been introduced with Windows 8 to simplify the procedure and reduce piracy.

Add Windows 8 Pro Pack or Windows 8 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows

1.     Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)

2.     Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings .

3.     Tap or click Add features to Windows 8 and then do one of the following:

o     If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.

Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.

o     If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.

4.     Enter your product key and click Next.

5.     Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

If you were running Windows 8, your PC will restart automatically and Windows 8 Pro With Media Center will be available for use.

If you were running Windows 8 Pro, your PC will restart automatically and Windows Media Center will be available for use.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
szekipeti
Visitor

Hi!

Thank you for the answer!

I bought a Windows 8 Pro OEM licence, but my request was rejected (Wrong license key).

I deleted all partition from HDD. I can't use the recovery options yet.

P.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi szekipeti,

This is possibly a case of the blind leading the blind but my understanding is that the licence/activation key, for machines that came pre-installed with Windows 8, is built into the hardware and therefore any windows 8 OS will install without need for licence key.

That said the licence will only cover the original OS and therefore the facility to ‘Add Features’.

If no other solution works you can purchase a set of recovery media from Sony Support.

I suggest that you speak to Microsoft Support for clarification.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
szekipeti
Visitor

Hi Richi!

Microsoft can't solve my problem, the activation with the customer support was scoreless.

The main problem is that the serial key embedded in the BIOS.

P.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi szekipeti,

With the basic Windows 8 version installed have you tried the 'Add Features' option?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
szekipeti
Visitor

Yes!