Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Cleaners

induct
Visitor

Screen Cleaners

Does anyone know of a screen cleaner that doean't leave streaks (especially with the x-black screen). I have tried a couple of products all seem average:

Fellowes - Scrren Cleaner
Electrolube - ASC (anti-static cleaner)
Ordinary window cleaner (Mr Muscle)

What do Sony use?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Don't know what Sony use, but try using AF Computer Cleaning Products: Screen-Clene available from PC World - very expensive but worth it.

Also get a nice clean dry soft cloth to remove dust marks, and use this cloth SLIGHTLY damp (not wringing wet!) to remove stubborn marks but always use a very light pressure on these delicate X-Black LCD's!!!:smileywink:

EDIT

Ordinary window cleaner (Mr Muscle)

DO NOT USE WINDOW CLEANER!!! Its bad for the screen, also try to avoid under-arm deodourants, wax polish, lens cleaner for glasses, furnature polish (e.g. Pledge) as these can seriously damage the screen.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

LOL. I can understand you advising that we shouldn't use Pledge, furniture polish etc. But under-arm deodrant?

Do people really use that on their screens?:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Do people really use that on their screens?:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing: 

LOL Well you never know TR, there could be many impressionable ClubVAIO users out there! Lee suggested the deodourant, but corrected himself in saying its not healthy for the screen!:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

Akanksha
Visitor

:laughing: deodrants? unbelievable! :laughing:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: OMFG don't use deodrants on screens!
I use Klear Screen and it's very good.

Edit, this forum software can be so dumb

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

LOL Since when has the forum software not been dumb?:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

kee-lo_

:laughing: :laughing: :smileyfrustrated:

BurastA
Visitor

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: lol

Well I only use a soft piece of cloth. You can find them on cleaning shelves on the markets. there are these special products of clothes that do not leave any scratches on the screen. You do not need to wet or use deodorants as well :slight_smile: But make sure you dont push too hard that your hand can be seen on the other side of the screen:smileyhappy:

kee-lo_

Lint-free ones are the best