Join now - be part of our community!

Resolution settings

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

Resolution settings

Hi all, I have a stock FZ21Z, it has the nVidia GeForce 8600 GS graphics card in, a widescreen 1080 HD monitor, and I must say, the picture is absolutly fantastic, although I'm wondering if there is anyway to advance the resolution that it lets me have, I'm currently running on Windows Vista, and the best resolution it let's me have is 1280*800. It's probably a silly question, but is it possible for me to increase this? Or does it limit to 1280?

Thanks, Geoff.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Geoff.

I'm happy that you are enjoying your Vaio.

With the screen resolution, you are limited by the actual number of pixels (dots) in the screen.

Your screen has 1280 X 800 pixels (1,024,000 pixels) so this is the highest resolution it can display. To be honest, this is the best you will get on a display of that size and you would need a bigger 17" laptop to get any higher resolution.

You can output higher resolutions to an external monitor or TV capable of 1080i or 1080p using your HDMI output.

:wink:

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

Thanks alot, is there anyway that the icons can be made smaller on Vista then? They're just horribly large 😛

Thanks, Geoff.

Chanandler
Visitor

You can right click anywhere on the desktop and choose 'view' and then choose 'classic icons' which are a bit smaller :slight_smile:

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

I found this out my self after 2 mins of posting 😛 oh well! Now if anyone else has the same troubles they can just read in here :slight_smile: everyone has to be new to something at least once :slight_smile:

Thanks, Geoff.